On Saturday June 9th, we went to our third Orange County BBQ Festival. I do love this tradition, and each year they have it laid out better, there is more BBQ to sample and more fun things to see and do, but it is also getting pretty pricey. But I guess sometimes you have to pay to play!
The car show was pretty small this year, but Wes found these blue cars that he really liked. He really wanted to ride on that mini one!
Cora caught a little nap and we started with "Red Neck Tacos" (tacos with pulled pork and BBQ sauce) and "Monik Balls" (meatballs made with beef and pork wrapped in bacon and covered with BBQ sauce. In case you are wondering - moo+oink = moink)
And of course we tried some ribs.
It is a little disturbing to pose with a cute pig character after eating so many pork products.
Bottom left we are having pork nachos, those were good!
Sister woke up from her snoozer, and I'm pretty sure she was disappointed she didn't get any BBQ this year. Soon enough little girl!
Then we headed over to the kids area where there were lots of bounce houses and slides. Wes loved this giant dinosaur slide the best.
Since sister was in the carrier, Wes decided he needed to ride back to the car after all the bouncing. This infant car seat, originally Wes', is rated to 32 pounds, which is hilarious because he weighs around 34 pounds now! I can't imagine any child that big being safe in this car seat. But I guess that's good marketing because I bought it for the higher weight limit! Anyway, we had a fun afternoon, got to sample some delicious BBQ and Wes wore himself out bouncing. All in all, a great time together!
BBQ Festival 2010


that dino bounce house is the coolest one ive ever seen!
ReplyDelete