Saturday, June 30, 2012

More Disneyland

June 5th was the last day Grammy could go to Disneyland until the summer is over, so we were glad we were able to get in one more trip with her.  Our friend's Carrie, Brayden and Tyler also joined us for the morning!

The first ride we tried to go on was Alice in Wonderland, but after waiting for, thankfully, just 5 minutes it broke down and we decided not to wait and see how long it took to fix.  So we headed to Toon Town and the roller coaster instead.  I think this was Wes' first time, I know it was mine and he loved it!  Grammy stayed with Cora and Tyler while Carrie, the boys and I rode and then we switched and I stayed with the little ones and Grammy and Wes and Carrie and Brayden rode again.  So fun!
The boys "driving" a car in Toon Town, eating snacks somewhere, and riding the Casey Junior train.
After lunch and a ride on Autopia, Carrie and the boys left and Wes, Grammy and I took the ferry over to Tom Sawyer's (now Pirate) island.  Grammy and I haven't been since they changed it and this was Wes' first time.
They had a lot of fun things to climb on and check out...above we are crossing a suspension bridge, and below Wes and Grammy are pumping water (I think it made a treasure chest come up out of the water?)  Grammy was telling Wes about Tippy Rock, which used to be Uncle Chris' favorite thing to do here, and we looked all over for it, but couldn't find it.  When I saw a worker, I asked her if it was gone and she told me they took it out over 12 years ago!!  Wow, so it really has been a while since we've been to Tom Sawyer's island!

We did find lots of pirate treasure though!  No pictures, but we finished up our day with a stop at Downtown Disney for some beignets.  Our favorite way to end a day at Disneyland!  We'll be back with Grammy after summer is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment