Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Missouri River-Sunday

Geeze, I can't believe it's going to take me a month to get all our vacation pictures up.  But baby food-making has certainly thrown a wrench in my allotted nap-time schedule of getting things accomplished.  And we've been so busy doing fun things, I fear I won't get caught up until summer's over.  (ok, ranting always help me feel better, on to more vacation pics!)

On Sunday the Boisseree's invited us to their new cabin on the river.  They bought this cabin about two years ago, but while we were growing up their family owned a trailer just down the road from this cabin.  A trip to the trailer while we were in Omaha was always a highlight of my summer growing up!  Love that we were able to go this trip and Wes, Cora and Michael got to enjoy it to.

We met Paul and Sandy at the "Tank" which is the landmark in town where you turn to head to the river.  We kept telling Mike, who was driving, to watch for the tank and in his mind he thought we meant "water tank."  But all of a sudden this real tank comes into sight and he started laughing!  So funny when you have one picture in your mind and find the exact opposite :)

Mike hitting some golf balls into the Mighty Mud.

I haven't been here in years, and even though it's a different cabin, everything (the smells, the river, the mud) is exactly as I remember it.  And for a sentimental person like me, that's pretty awesome!  Wes loved exploring, and playing with his new truck set Mike bought for him.
Mike and Paul had to drive 30 minutes back to Blair to buy life vests for the kids (lots of things were ruined  last year when the Missouri flooded), but it was worth it because Wes was so excited to go on a boat ride!
I don't think Cora was quite as excited, but she sure looked cute in her vest.

There was a sandy "beach" down the river a bit, so we all unloaded here and played for a while.  It was neat to spend time with the Boisseree boys and their wives and kids as well.  Sarah Boisseree, who is my age, lives in Arizona now.  We haven't seen each other in years, but thanks to Facebook, we can keep in touch :)   



And the highlight of Wes' trip to the river was his first jet ski ride!!  He was so excited!  


A little video of Wes and Michael.  Mike and I went out next, and I don't think I've been on a jet ski since we sold ours years ago.  It was fun to remember all the great river trips we went on long before we had kids.

Grammy and Cora played in the boat where there was a little bit of shade.

Michael was so excited to get his hands on a golf club a couple of times while we were there.  And since Paul buys boxes of balls from a friend who works at a driving range, there were no hard feelings after launching them into the river.  In the top left picture, Wes is sitting with Scott, Joe's son.  We met him when we were in Omaha in 2010, check out the pics here.

We headed back to Omaha, which is about a 45 minute drive, a little bit before dinner and everyone was exhausted from a great day.  Wes asked for a snack, took one bite of a granola bar and fell asleep with the bite in his mouth!  I'm so glad he didn't choke, but he definitely needed that nap!  What a fun day with friends, thanks for having us Boisseree family!


1 comment:

  1. I was totally thinking, "Ouch mike just launched all those balls into the mud? That probably cost a bundle." Thank goodness you cleared that up...pretty awesome you can buy a huge box of used golf balls! I love that Coras life vest is so big! And my fav is wes asleep with food in his mouth...hahaha!

    ReplyDelete