Sunday, June 17, 2012

Graduation Party - Saturday

Wes and Grammy stayed at Uncle Chris and Aunt Michelle's house Friday night, so on Saturday morning (Cora slept just slightly better the second night) Mike and I had breakfast at the hotel and Cora had her morning nap, then we headed over to meet Grammy and Wes.  Mike and I stopped to buy lunch at the Hy-Vee (I should have grabbed my cake donut with white frosting and sprinkles while we were there, but I didn't.  You can read this post from our last trip to Omaha to see why the donuts at the Hy-Vee remind me of my grandpa.)  Anyway the Hy-Vee by my Aunt and Uncle's house is pretty cool and Mike was very impressed, next time we'll have to take the time to wander the aisles :)  After lunch and lots of running up and down the hill behind the house, Wes took a little snoozer and then we all got ready to go to Marissa's high school graduation party!  We were excited that our trip coincided with her graduation and that we were able to be there to celebrate with everyone!

It was a joint party at Marissa's best friend's house and it was a good thing their house is huge, because there were lots of people there!
 The food and drinks were delicious and the hosts and my Aunt and Uncle did a ton of work to make the party great.  I didn't take any pics, but there were lots of photos of Marissa and her friend growing up and memorabilia from their high school years.   
 
Marissa, Andrea, Me and Wes 

Wes found this little friend to play with and they did lots of running.  When I was organizing my pictures the other day, I asked Wes what her name was because I couldn't remember, and without missing a beat he said "Taylor."  That kid has such a great memory! 



 Cora working really hard to get some grass in her mouth.


Congratulations Marissa, Happy Graduation!

No comments:

Post a Comment