Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Home

When we got home from Nebraska, we did the typical two days of decompressing...unpacking, laundry, grocery shopping, and trying to get our two kids caught back up on the dozens of hours of missed sleep.  One thing that was on Mike's to-do list was to give Wes a summer hair cut...or buzz cut actually.  Mike had it the perfect length and then he said "maybe a bit shorter" and a second later, all his hair was gone!  I did feel bad though because I kept saying, in front of Wes, "I don't like it, it's too short."  To which Wes kept asking the rest of the night, "why don't you like my hair mommy?  I like it, I look like daddy."  So very true too, like father like son! (Plus saving the $25 at the kid haircutting place is a bonus!)



The next thing we had to do was check on our garden.  Our next door neighbor Miss Susan was watering it for us and she told us about a giant zucchini growing in the back.  Either we missed it before we left, or it grew that big in week, but we were all excited for our first one!



A couple days later, Mike marinated it and grilled it up with some chicken for dinner.  Yum!

1 comment:

  1. He does look like Mike with his new hair cut. And that zuch is huge!

    ReplyDelete