Monday, January 30, 2012

2 Month Check-Up

On Friday, January 20th, Cora had her two month well baby visit.  The first two months of Cora's life have flown by!!  I felt like the first two months of Wes' life dragged on forever :)  Being a second time parent is night and day from the first time around, and Cora's whirling dervish of a brother makes the days go by that much faster.  Dr. Lau was very impressed with Cora's development so here's how much she's grown:

This little chunk-a-monk weighs 12lbs 4ounces, which is 90% for weight!  Not surprising given her genes and appetite :) and she's 21 1/2 inches long, 75th percentile.  Her head is getting so strong from all of her big brother supervised tummy time sessions and she's smiling and cooing up a storm.  She's also started making those raspberry sounds with her lips, which Wes thinks is so funny that he copies her and sprays everything with spit.  (Between him and her barfy spit up, I'm always soaked!)  She's a great sleeper so far too.  She goes to bed around 9:00pm and wakes up once to eat around 4:00am (the last couple of nights has been 5:00am!).  Then she goes right back to sleep and wakes up around 8:00am, which gives me about an hour with Wes in the mornings since he wakes up at 7:00am on the dot every morning.  She loves getting a bath and riding in the car, though stopping is not her favorite!  She has such a mellow personality (so far...Wes did too when he was little and you know how that's going these days!) and takes it all in stride when I'm yelling at discussing things with her big brother.  She hasn't decided if she's going to be a finger sucker or a pacifier taker yet.  I'm desperately praying for the latter, though I'm thinking she might have other thoughts.  She's wearing three month clothing and a size two diaper.    


And since this was her two month appointment, that meant her first shots too :(  I'm splitting up her vaccines just like I did for Wes, so here she is waiting for the nurse to give her her Hib and DTap shots and Rotateq oral vaccine.  The nurse couldn't help but laugh at how she lapped up the Rotateq liquid like it was milk.  She said most babies spit it out, but that definitley wasn't a problem for Cora!


And here's one of those sweet little band aids that always indicate shots.  She actually had a slight reaction to one of the shots, her leg swelled up and she was pretty inconsolable.  I felt like a new parent though, since Wes never had a single reaction to shots, and called her doctor to make sure this was normal.  A dose of tylenol and a nap helped and when the swelling went down there was a little bruise where the shot was given so I think they nicked a blood vessel.  Poor baby!  I'm so thankful that my little girl is well and happy, we are so grateful to the Lord for this precious girl! 

1 comment: