Wednesday, December 14, 2011

How Lovely Are Thy Branches

On December 5th we headed to Home Depot to pick out our Christmas Tree.

Wes spent most of his time in the tree lot scooping up pine needles and putting them in the trimmings bins.  He kept saying he needed to "clean the place up."  A never ending task! 






We continued our tradition of picking our tree from the ones that were still wrapped up.  Mike picked out two good looking ones and then Wes chose this one.  We haven't been disappointed in a tree yet, and this one is nearly perfect!


Then we headed inside to pick out some poinsettias. 


Wes helping out dad with the lights.


Wes decorating the tree (I think this was the only ornament he actually placed on the tree)


Mike got such a kick out of taking this picture...it's hard to tell, but Cora is spitting up, I have mascara smeared on my face from crying (stupid hormones!) and Wes, though smiling, was refusing to put ornaments on the tree and only wanted to open up all the ornament boxes.  We still had a fun night though.

1 comment:

  1. Only cuz you mentioned it, I had to look for the mascara and spit up for myself ; ) I dont know HOW many times I have called Ryan crying in the middle of the day and I swear its not the hormones...its having a TODDLER!! Hehe

    ReplyDelete