Tuesday, November 22, 2011

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

Yesterday I decorated the house for Christmas, though I feel like I owe Thanksgiving a huge apology. But I'm glad it's done and since today, Tuesday the 22nd, is my due date, I can't think of too much else I need or would like to do before Cora arrives. Prayer's for a soon delivery would be appreciated! :)


But here are some pictures of our newest Christmas decoration, thanks to Grammy!!

My friend Chrissy has the Pottery Barn advent calendar (below) and I just loved it and thought Wes would enjoy it this year too. I had high hopes of making this with Grammy, but time got away from me and Grammy did the whole thing herself! Luckily for us there are lots of knock off tips for this calendar on the internet and Grammy said she had lots of fun making the pockets and using her embroidery machine. We love it!






Here's some of my favorite pockets:

I love these personalized mittens!


The three Wisemen


Merry Christmas!


And of course our family!


Thank you again Grammy, Wes and Cora will love this, and the fun of an Advent Calendar for so many years!

2 comments:

  1. Wow that is really, really cool! My mother in law is a quilter (I think I made that word up) but I've never known anyone with their own embroidery machined...Thats awesome! Keep hanging in there and making yourself busy. Totally praying for you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carrie! Quilter is totally word, my mom is also a quilter. :) Thanks for your prayers!

    ReplyDelete