Friday, November 4, 2011

Happy Halloween!

We decided to go to our church's Halloween alternative party this year because it sounded like so much fun and also because I didn't want to deal with any "scary" issues before Cora arrives. We went trick or treating last year with all of Wes' cousins and I don't remember too much scary stuff, but I just felt it was better safe than sorry! And I'm so glad we went because Wes had a blast!

Wes definitely felt differently today about his costume and we got so many compliments on how cute it was. Thanks to my friend Sarah who gave it to us, brand new, this time last year! It's been hanging in Wes' closet and I'm so glad it fit because the first time he tried it on was the day before Halloween! (And I had no Plan B!)


We got there a little early, so we got our trick-or-treating in before most of the other kids showed up. I think that might have been why he got heaping handfuls of candy from every room! They did a "Candyland" type thing, where the kids got a cup full of colored paper and then took them to the corresponding room where they traded the paper for candy. A fun little system, plus some color practice :)


This maze was probably Wes' favorite activity of the evening! I'm not really sure how they figured this out, it was just a simple maze made out of black plastic, but looked very complicated! But Wes just thought it was awesome! We must have went through it over a dozen times.






We took a little break for a snack and Wes had his first snow cone! He kept saying "it's really cold."


Then we played some games. The beanbag toss....


...then the ring toss.


And then we stopped for dinner. They were BBQing the largest hot dogs I've ever seen! I haven't eaten too many hot dogs while pregnant, but this one was awesome and worth all the nitrates packed into it! They also had the Monday night football game on in the Fellowship Hall, where it was "men only" but they had lots of other snacks in there, so every time Mike would go to check the score, he'd bring out another treat, like nachos, Oreo's and chocolate cover peanuts.



After dinner, we played a few more games like this penny toss...


...and bowling...


...and pin the nose on the pumpkin.


Wes did pretty well, even with the mask on, and managed to get the nose on the pumpkin's face!


This was mommy's treat, but I figured I'd share it. I guess Wes takes after his dad in the cotton candy arena because neither of them wanted anything to do with it. No problem, more for mama. :)


And we finished up the evening with a little time in the bounce house. Always a good idea after, a snow cone, hot dog, Cheetos, a piece of chocolate and an apple juice. No accidents or tummy aches thankfully!



When we got home, we just had to light up our Jack-O-Lantern and see Wes and Daddy's carving skills.


We had such a fun evening! Hope everyone had a safe and happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment