With the house under construction, there wasn't too much preparation for Halloween going on around here. I'm actually going through withdrawals not having my fall decorations up, seeing as it's my favorite time of year. I love getting out my huge fall boxes and wrapping the banister with fall leaf garland and having the red and orange and brown and green colors all over the house. But I'm especially missing baking pumpkin muffins, and pumpkin bread, and pumpkin pie, and...well you get the point. I miss my kitchen/stove so much!! I'm hoping that by the time I get it back I can squeeze in a batch of pumpkin muffins before this baby gets here!
Anyway, we did a little prep...like trying on Wes' Buzz Lightyear costume. Not a fan!!! I had mentioned before that he wouldn't put it on for Dr. Hatch's reunion party, but thankfully his attitude changed by Halloween and he was all excited about it.I had a ton of errands to run Halloween morning so Mike and Wes decided to carve up our porch pumpkin. Here's Wes getting in on the carving action with a knife from his play kitchen.
We have a book called Plumply Dumply Pumpkin, and they decided to use the Jack-o-lantern in the book as their inspiration!
Then our next door neighbor Miss Susan, brought over some super yummy Halloween cookies. A little sugar to whet the whistle for rest of the Halloween festivities!
No comments:
Post a Comment