On Saturday we woke up and had some breakfast together and then we all headed off to different activities. Andrea and Marissa had volleyball games and Wes and I got to go with Grandma to the family part of her reunion, the tour of Central High School.

Wes and Marissa

Here's the group of people who attended the reunion. The current principal of Central High gave a welcome speech.

All the famous people who attended Central.

Wes was ready to enroll, especially when he found out he would get his own locker!

Grandma and Wes in the gym.

Wes pumping some iron in the wrestling weight room.

This football stadium is brand new to Central HS and here Wes is contemplating a glorious career as quarterback.

Here's grandma with all the sewing machines in the Home Economics room. If you know my mom, you know how much she loves to sew and that she is a sewing instructor, so I think getting to come back to this room was one of her favorite parts of the reunion.

This is Grandma and Wes at the "Sacred C." No one walks on the "Sacred C." My mom said there were no ropes around it when she was in high school because no one would even think about stepping on it. I guess the current students need a little reminder about tradition.

I think it's pretty amazing that Central High School has been around for 150 years! I guess that's why there are so many people on the wall of fame!

It's a really beautiful school right in the heart of downtown Omaha. We had such a fun time on the tour with Grandma and seeing her and some of her old friends reminisce about the fun they had in high school. Michael and I will be reminiscing at our 40 year high school reunion in 2036!
No comments:
Post a Comment