Monday, April 30, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me

April 12th was my thirty something'th birthday.  Ok 34, but I'm not really counting anymore.  My guys made me a delicious breakfast...bacon and cheese omelets, mine and Wes' with avocado, english muffins and fruit salad.  I even got the "you are special today" plate!  


After breakfast and a little nap for Cora, we headed to the beach to walk in the sand and enjoy being together.


It was such a beautiful day!


When Wes and Cora went down for afternoon naps, I headed out for a pedicure and did a little shopping at TJMaxx (you can't shop for bargains with kids in tow :)

Michael made me corn chowder and restaurant salad (we call it that because it has a ton of stuff in it-just like you would get in a restaurant...only way better!) for dinner.  And he also made me this cake...and I have to say that it looks a little sad, but it tasted amazing -chocolate cake with chocolate orange ganache filling plus orange buttercream frosting! Unfortunately I have to take responsibility for it's droopiness, I got out the wrong cake pans so it stuck and then I thought I was helping by frosting the cake when the frosting needed to set up in the fridge first.  Oh well, Wes still enjoyed decorating it for me!





As a gift Michael got me tickets to see Million Dollar Quartet at the Performing Arts Center!  It's a musical based on the famous recording session that Elvis, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis and Cark Perkins did together.  Can't wait!  Thanks to everyone for the birthday love!

No comments:

Post a Comment