Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Four Months Old!

On March 24th, Cora turned 4 months old!  Where is the time going?  Cora is learning and growing so quickly, she's rolling over and putting everything in her mouth.  The drooling has begun, so I know teeth are on their way and she grabs at everything accessible which means I'm losing even more hair than the typical post-pregnancy shed. (seriously, I don't know how I'm not bald, my hair is everywhere!!)  It's fun to experience things the second time around and I've been comparing the similarities and differences between Wes and Cora.  If she's fallen asleep, Cora will not transfer from the car to her bed, and neither did Wes.  When the car's turned off, nap time is over.  Cora wants to fall asleep in her bed (not in my arms-which I am thankful for) just like Wes (though since this is my last baby, I wouldn't mind her falling asleep in my arms sometimes!)  And just like Wes, she's super sensitive to noise.  You would think a second child would be used to the noise and sleep right thought it...not this child.  Like Wes, she just doesn't want to miss anything.  And it's nearly impossible to keep him quiet during her tap times, though I'm working on it.  She's a little more demanding than Wes was and definitely not as patient and distract-able.  And I thought Wes spit up a lot, but I still spend a good portion of my day cleaning up barf and changing Cora's soaked clothes, not to mention my own.  While Cora is nursing if she even hears Wes' voice she forgets all about eating and looks around for her brother, usually with a giant smile on her face.  Right now, they really love each other :) 






At Cora's 4 month well baby visit she weighed 15 1/2 pounds and was 25 inches tall. 

Slow down little girl, you're growing too fast (oh no, I've become one of those moms!)

No comments:

Post a Comment