Saturday, April 28, 2012

Discovery Science Center!



My friend Carrie has season passes to the Discovery Science Center and on April 11th, she and Brayden and Tyler invited us to join them!  It was spring break and pretty crowded, but the boys still got to see and touch and do pretty much everything they wanted.  This was Wes' first time here and he definitely enjoyed himself.  I think it would probably take about a dozen trips to really check out all the fun things they have for the kids!

Here's Wes playing with light-up stars and learning about constellations...

...Brayden planting flower shapes... 

 ...the boys scanning things in the "garage"...
 ...there was a special hockey exhibit, so here's Wes driving a Zamboni...
 ...the boys playing Race to Recycle...
 (this was such a cute game...a conveyor belt brings around different types of recyclables so the kids can sort out the different types waste: household, green, hazardous, cans and bottles, etc.  I don't think the boys quite got the point, but they had fun picking up all the trash and throwing it in the recycling bin.
 ...checking out the planetarium...
 ...and here we all are having a lunch break...


...an attempt at getting a nice pic of the boys together. Impossible...
...and I borrowed this picture from Carrie's blog, but here's Wes, Brayden and I taking a turn on the giant slide.  Carrie has some great pictures here too.  Thanks again for inviting us, we had a blast!

1 comment:

  1. Let me know if you wanna go tomorrow. Should be less crowded!!

    ReplyDelete