Thursday, April 19, 2012

Good Friday

On Good Friday we headed to Verizon Wireless Amphitheater to remember the day our Lord was crucified on the cross for our sins.  It was a beautiful day and we always love hearing the special worship music and hearing Pastor Chuck's message.  And this year Auntie Madison and Grandpa Al came with us, so that was extra special! 



 We sat on the grass just like last year which was a nice for Wes and Cora. 
Of course Wes had to sit under the umbrella with his sister! 

At about halfway through the service, I was thinking how prepared I was...I had brought Cora's hat, diapers, burp rags and pacifier and Wes had asked for snacks, which I had brought, he asked for toys, which I had brought and he asked for a drink, which I also brought. But the verse "pride goeth before a fall" comes to mind, because shortly after that Wes had a major potty accident and guess what I didn't bring??  Yep, a change of clothes...though I brought a pull-up, thank the Lord!!  So Wes spent the second half of Good Friday service in a t-shirt and a pull-up.  Thank you Lord for reminding me to stay humble and that pants aren't always necessary :)

Luckily God hears our prayers no matter how many fashion laws we're breaking!

Wesley took his first communion at Good Friday service as well.  I wasn't sure if he should participate since he's so little, but my mom said she has heard Pastor Dave teach that it's ok for kids to take communion. Plus in CBS they have been teaching the kids that Jesus is Alive! and he knows that he died on the cross for our sins and rose again so think it was really special that he was able to share in this important part of our faith. 
Here's some video's that Auntie Madison took:  

Wes did great being patient and waiting until Pastor Chuck said we could eat the wafer and then drink the juice (the second video is a little bit longer since we had to wait while Pastor Chuck reminded us to be good examples and throw away all of our trash.)  Wesley liked the grape juice part of communion the best, he even asked for more!

Afterwards we came back to our house for lunch and some visiting.

And Auntie Madison brought Wes and Cora a special gift...a  new toy box!  It's hand made by a friend of hers and Wes loves it!  He's keeping his bigger cars in it and I'm loving having them tucked away rather that our in the living room :)
Happy Good Friday friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment