Wesley is constantly says things that crack me up but the other day I was thinking about the things he says that are a glimpse into his little personality. Despite all my ranting recently about his attitude and all around two-ness (yes, that's a word in mom world) he is such a sweet boy and very loving, And sometimes I'm just too caught up in attempting to survive the situation (grocery store trip, birthday party, park play date) to stop and really think about what he is saying. Here's my example:
Michael has recently started taking Wes to "The Fruit Store" (a Grower's Direct that is down the street from us) and buying lots of yummy fruits to satisfy my child's insatiable appetite for berries, melons, and stone fruit. (By the way, I love how much he loves fruit, I just don't love the fact that we've tipped the balance of his digestion and are paying the price of a diet high in fiber). Anyway, the store is pretty small and crammed with precariously perched fruit. It's also ALWAYS packed with people. So the other day after getting Wes a haircut, we headed over to "The Fruit Store" to restock our fridge. And Wes was like a kid in a candy store but I saw a bull in a china shop. Plus I was pushing Cora in a stroller and carrying a basket on top of trying to corral Wes. He was nabbing baskets of berries, trying to grab apples from the bottom of the stack and pick up 10 pound watermelons the whole while saying: " I want to get his for Daddy" and "Grandma Susie needs these cherries." There were plenty of "I want these for me" in there, especially for the basket of currants (??), but it made me think how often he wants to save or give things to others. He is always saving bites of his meals for Daddy when he is at work (he doesn't quite understand what happens to leftover food after 48 hours) or giving his favorite toys to Cora. And he is constantly asking us "Are you happy Mom?" or "Are you happy Dad?" I think my little guy definitely has a heart for others and I am praying that the Lord with help me teach him how to grow that wonderful personality trait. I'm also praying He helps me slow down, listen and appreciate that little voice more.
Thursday, February 2, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So sweet!
ReplyDeleteI am not kidding...once again this post sounds like I wrote it!! First of all, trying to potty train a kid that eats as much fruit as ours (Wes and Brayden) is next to impossible! At one point Brayden was pooping 5 times a day (TMI, I know). Secondly, Brayden is always trying to "save" things for when his daddy comes home because, "He will be so proud of me." Things like poop in the toilet, something he built in the middle of the living room or like Wes, leftover food! And Thirdly, B totally went through the stage where he constantly asked if we were happy!! I love our little "bulls in the china shop" because its often the most active kids that are also the most loving and kind. Oh how God has a funny sense of humor!! PS I still refuse to take both my kids on any errands with me...you were brave to attempt a haircut and fruit run. And why oh why do they NEVER understand that you cant just pick the fruit from the bottom of the stack???
ReplyDelete