On January 24th we all headed to Disneyland with Auntie Chrissy, Uncle Kevin, Cody and Eva to spend the day at the Mouse House and celebrate Cora's 2nd month birthday. This was Cora's first trip to Disneyland and since we all have annual passes, I'm sure she'll be a Disney regular :)
Waiting for the tram.
A lady in line next to us touched my shoulder and told me I was very brave. To which I replied, "I might just make the loop in the tram and call it a day." But we actually stayed the whole day, from about 10:30 to 4:00.
Wes loves maps! I have to say he gets it from me and my days as a Geography major. He's quite the navigator since he comes to Disneyland with Grammy and Auntie MoMo often too.
We headed to Fantasyland and the boys went on the Teacups while the girls waited in line for the Storybook Canal ride. Mike and Wes heading into Monstro's mouth.
After that, we went to Autopia. It's pretty tough to get a good picture of a two and a half year old driving a car, but Daddy tried his best!
Here's a video of the driving fun!
The nice worker at the entrance gave Chrissy and I "swap passes" so we could ride with the boys too. We handed off the girls and went straight to the front of the line. Pretty cool!
Next up was the Submarines. This was Wes' first time on them and my and Michael's first time since they've been revamped with a Nemo theme. Cora looks a little unsure about our sea voyage, and unfortunately she was a little fussy so I didn't get to see much out of my porthole, but everyone said it was pretty cool. (I'm a hard sell though, since I'm so nostalgic and want everything to remain the way it was when I was a kid, but you probably aren't surprised by that at all!)
Everyone was hungry for lunch, so we walked over to Pizza Port for some pretty good pizza and a salad. (The food we've chosen at Disneyland has been really tasty recently)
Cora got to ride in the big girl stroller for the first time. Check out those fingers, I'm telling you, I'm cursed!
She loved the stroller!
Since today was Cora's two month birthday, we brought along her sticker.
My little princess!
After lunch the Rausch's headed home and we hit a few more rides...
...the Jungle Cruise...
...and Astro Blasters.
Then we took the Monorail to Downtown Disney and picked up a bag of the world's best kettle corn (it's cooked in coconut oil) and then called it a day. (We put a batch of chili in the crockpot before we left, and it was so wonderful to come home to a finished meal! Love it when we plan ahead!) I do have to say, we are pretty lucky to live right down the street from Disneyland!











THATS why their kettle corn is so good??? Coconut oil? I did not know that! We cannot leave that place without buying their kettle corn at downtown disney and actually not a bad price considering it IS at Disneyland! We are hoping to buy our passes again in the next few months. Maybe we can go together and our hubbies can meet!
ReplyDelete