Here's everything we were up to for Valentine's Day:
I painted some wood plaque's and picture frames that I bought at Michael's with chalkboard paint in order to make a few decorations and gifts.
I had my dad drill some holes in the plaque so I could hang it with ribbon on our wall. I plan on switching the ribbon to match each holdiay.
This was Cora's Valentine to Grammy...
...because Grammy had just given me this little red dress that she had saved for oh so many years! Do you think Cora looks like me?
Wes and I did a little handprint Valentine to send to his grandparents in the mail.
We love you THIS MUCH!
And here's the real reason I wanted to do the chalk board plaques. This was our Valentine to Daddy. I saw the idea here and, besides making the chalkboard, it was super easy with the downloadable template and Picasa collages.
Since Michael had to work on Valentines day, we celebrated on Monday with a nice dinner (Restaurant salad...we call it that because it's better than any expensive salad you can buy in a restaurant!) and after the kids went to bed we made Banana's Foster for dessert. It's one of our favorite desserts that always reminds us of our awesome vacation to the Bahamas and good friends.
While Michael was putting Wes to bed, Cora and I went out in the cold and wind to give Daddy's truck a "heart attack!" I wrote all the reasons we loved him on the hearts and he was really surprised when he went out to his truck to go to work the next morning!
Daddy also surprised us when we got up in the morning! Flowers and cards for Cora and Mommy and a card, a new stamp set and a set of Thomas the Train underwear for Wes (we're getting really close to getting rid of the diapers!)
I also cut out enough hearts to tape them up all over the house for Wes to find. He notices if anything is different in the house and had lots of fun spotting all the hearts.
The other part of Daddy's surprise was cinnamon rolls just waiting for us to bake them! I saw this idea on Pinterest of putting cinnamon rolls in the waffle maker and had to give it a shot!
They were awesome! Waffles are my favorite breakfast food and I think this is right up at the top of my list now!
Cora slept in, so Wes and I had breakfast together.
Here's my sunshine with her flowers from Daddy.
I made a few of these Valentine's to give to Wes' friends. This wasn't my original plan, but we made a trip to Pretend City a few days before Valentine's Day and they had the huge PVC pipes so I snapped a quick pick of Wes on my phone so we could make these. (I used the Photo Wizard app on my phone to do the wording and then printed them out, so easy! Thanks Auntie MoMo for the tip!)
After our delicious Valentine's breakfast we headed over to Auntie Jessica's house to deliver Wes' Valentines. Auntie Jessica, Gia and Cash just happened to be making cookies so we joined the fun!
Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

















SOOOO CUTE!! Love it all!
ReplyDeleteAw, thanks for the tip! Just downloaded that template for fathers day!
ReplyDelete