Michael has been gone now for a week, and I've been thinking about all the miles they've been riding (averaging about 90 miles a day) and all that pedal pushing. I've decided that this type of petal pushing is more my speed, at least for now!
I planted these two mini rose bushes together several years ago. One I got from a friend's baby shower (and that baby is now 4!) and I have no idea where the other one came from. But they have grown together so nicely, usually the yellow roses have red tips. But this is the first time I have had a pure yellow rose right next to a pure red rose. And I especially love this plant because all I do is water it once in a while and cut off the dead roses. I have never fertilized it or pruned it. It just does it's own thing...my kind of gardening!
While I was thinking about this post and gardening, I thought I'd add this picture of of my wrist after I got stung by a wasp on Sunday. Our neighbors are out of town and Wes and I are taking care of their plants. It was the very first day of watering and I reached in to turn off the hose, felt a sharp sting and when I pulled my hand out, the wasp was stuck right in my wrist. It doesn't really look that bad in this picture, but it was super swollen, itchy, and burning. My OB made me go to urgent care on Tuesday just in case, but the doctor said it was just a more severe local reaction, not an allergic reaction, which was pretty obvious. But better to be on the safe side when you're pregnant. It might be the heat, but it seems like we have a ton of wasps in our backyard right now, so after this incident, I think I leave all remaining pedal pushing to Michael! We miss you Daddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment