Wednesday, September 21, 2011

31 Cent Blessing

When Michael came back from New York, I had a list of things we needed to discuss waiting for him at home. (O joy!) His flight landed at noon, so by the time we picked him and his bags up and were headed out of the airport, it was way past lunch time. Daddy had a craving for Del Taco so as we were heading there, Wes was getting a little antsy for food and some Daddy time! But since Michael and I hadn't had more than a three minute conversation in 12 days, we were chatting away much to the irritation of Wesley. So Daddy suggested we put on one of his CD's...and here's where the list comes in. I figured now, in this blissful reunion/its so wonderful to be home with my wife and kid state that he was in, was the best time to drop this little bomb.
Wesley loves to play in my car and he loves to play with the coins that are in the ash tray and we always find them in the most random spots. He pushes them down the seats, or puts them up on the dash board and a couple of months ago we discovered two quarters in the drivers side air conditioning vent (yes they are still there). Anyway, one day while Michael was gone (and it was toward the end of his trip and I was getting very tired of being a single parent) Wes wanted to play in my car. So of course I let him and was able to get laundry folded and a couple of bills paid! But the next day when we were headed over to Grammy's house, I noticed about five or six coins resting in the slot of the CD player. He was obviously using his unattended time for some serious mischief! As soon as we got home, I grabbed some tweasers and attempted to get them out, but unfortunately a nickle slid down into the player. UGHHHH! I knew I/we were in trouble since Michael has been telling me for many months to get rid of the loose change in my car to avoid just such a problem. And so, obviously, the CD player stopped working.

So on our way to Del Taco, I tell Michael the story and he laughs and agrees that it was the best time to deliver bad news (though I have to admit that I'm very thankful that was all the bad news I had to deliver!). A couple days later, Mike took my car to the dealership and after attempting to dislodge the coin they tell us they have to send out the CD player for repair to the tune of $400! Now I was in big trouble :) But, and here comes the blessing part, when Michael went to pick up my car (we were told it would be radio-less for about a week), there it was installed! The technician told us he decided to try one last thing and voila, out came the coins. Yes coins, not just the nickle but a quarter, a nickle and a penny. The $150 price tag was much easier to swallow and we were so thankful! The next day, all the loose coins were safely placed in a coin purse in the latched center console where little hands can't find them!

No comments:

Post a Comment