Saturday, September 10, 2011

Here's an Idea

According to my wacky Oriental Trading Company calendar, today is Swap Ideas Day. So I thought I'd share this idea that my friend Molly shared with me, which she saw here. Phew, that was a mouth full (but I think it makes sense!) Anyway, Molly sent us the idea to make these Splash Balls a while ago, but I was recently at the dollar store and checking out when I saw a pack of sponges someone had randomly left in the checkout/impulse-buy candy section. Remembering this craft, we grabbed them and made Splash Balls after nap time.
This is a super easy craft and we even used it for some fun color and counting practice. Here's Wes collecting all the Blue sponge strips.

This isn't a great picture, but this is Wes pulling the zip tie tight to make the ball shape. The tutorial says to buy colored zip ties, but you can't see them once the balls are done, so we just opted for some of the plain ones in Daddy's plethora of zip ties.

A little bit tighter!

Yea, finished!! Instead of playing with these outside, we took them upstairs to use in the bathtub. Super fun, easy, and cheap idea, thanks Molly!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I got lots of shout outs in that post!!! I'm so glad that the splash balls were a hit!!! I'll let you know if I find anything else fun & inexpensive in my internet wanderings :). Fun to see you the other night!

    ReplyDelete