Sunday, July 31, 2011

Afternoon with Grandpa Al

These are from several months ago, but I just downloaded all the pictures off Michael's phone and found lots of pictures from outings that I wasn't in attendance for. (Thank you Daddy and Grandpa Al for the time alone!) We are so thankful that Grandpa Al drives out to Orange County from Sun City about every other week or so to spend the afternoon with Wes and Michael, and they always have such a great time together! Here's pictures from a windy day down in Balboa:


You can't see it, but the boys stopped at Kmart before they headed to the beach to buy a cheap kite to fly since it was so windy. I heard that Wes got to fly it for a few minutes by himself, but then decided he was done, so he just let it go! Luckily they were able to retrieve the kite and bring it home so it could fly another day :)


Running on the beach


Having a corn dog, one of Wes' favorite treats. They wanted to go to the hand dipped corn dog place right by the ferry entrance on Balboa but it was closed. Such a bummer, that place is the best! Luckily they found a corn dog elsewhere :)


Taking a ride on the carousel.

(I'm happy to have this picture, because Michael just told me that he read they are removing the carousel from the Fun Zone to expand the Nautical Museum.)


Mommy was sad to miss this one, a frozen banana is a treat you can't pass up when in Balboa!


And a ferry ride to end the day!



1 comment:

  1. Aw, that is SO sweet when Grandpa's take the grandkids out for little outtings...I love it! And also, I too JUST uploaded all of Ryan's pics/videos from his phone for the first time too last night! Found some great stuff too. Oh and thank you for the tip on "no finger sucking" medicine. Gonna go look for that tonight at Target...

    ReplyDelete