Wes had his first dentist appointment at the end of June (but I'm just getting to it now :)! I picked this
pediatric dentist because it was in my insurance network and it was close to the house, but as soon as we walked in the door, I was very impressed! They had this super cute sign welcoming Wesley to the office and there were lots of toys and even some video games (in a few years I'll appreciate those!) in the waiting room.
Thanks for being a good sport Michael! 
Since this was a race car video game, Wes had to check it out.

Taking it all in.

Wes did amazingly well! They
hygienist told us to expect some tears and if she wasn't able to do the cleaning the dentist would just come in and look at his teeth. But he had no problem sitting in the chair and opening his mouth! He listened so well and opened wide whenever asked, we were so proud of him! Dr. Lopez and the
hygienists were also very impressed, plus no cavities! Dr. Lopez was a little concerned with the finger sucking and what that was doing to his bite, so (as I write this) we are working on breaking the habit, and he's doing very well with that so far too :)

I do think the cooperation may have stemmed, though, from the television on the ceiling that was playing Toy Story! After the appointment, they gave Wes a coin so he could pick out a prize from one of the toy machines. He picked a big purple bouncy ball which he's had lots of fun with. Plus he went home with a balloon attached to a giant toothbrush. It was definitely a good visit and we'll be back in 6 months for his next cleaning!
Wow, you beat us by like a year! Brayden turns 3 next week and I just yesterday made a call to the dentist for his first appt (in 2 weeks). Oops!
ReplyDelete