I'd been wanting to make his 4th of July caft for a while so finally one afternoon Mike, Wes and I went to Home Depot for supplies and during Wes' nap, Mike helped me make these Firecracker Garden Stakes.

As you can see, we had several other projects going on at the same time...some gardening, some bike cleaning and some garage organizing!

I had purchased a similar garden stake at a boutique a couple of months before Wes was born and thought it would be a fun project to duplicate. It only took me two years to get to! These are just some wooden dowels, and a cut down clothes bar for a closet. (And I know Michael loved having a reason to get out his table saw!)

I had fun painting them with different patriotic designs and then Michael drilled a small hole in the top and I hot glued in some wire garland with stars I got at Michaels (and some I found on clearance at Target last Christmas. I am the consumate bargain shopper! I knew they would be perfect for this project, I only had to store gold, silver and red garland for six months!)

Some glittered red and silver ribbon resemble the fire.

Michael and I had fun spending the afternoon together making these and I had fun giving them away to some family and friends! Pics from our 4th of July celebration to follow :)
No comments:
Post a Comment