Saturday, July 30, 2011

We're Having a Girl!!

We had our big anatomy ultrasound on July 11th and it's official, we are having a baby girl!! I wanted to do something cute, like have Wes hold a sign that says Baby Sister while pointing to my belly, but I'm a little over two weeks behind in my blog posts and I just have to let some things go :) The appointment went great, the baby is healthy and we are so blessed! It always amazes me all the things they look for and can see at this stage of development. Here are a couple of pictures from the ultrasound:

Girly profile :) I actually lost, which is so unlike me, the pictures from Wes' anatomy ultrasound. I am praying that someday they turn up, I am usually a hoarder of all things sentimental!
It's hard to tell in this scan, but here are the "three lines" they are looking for (and the absence of a penis) to tell for sure that it's a girl. Thankfully the tech put in the pointing arrow and the official "I'M A GIRL!!!" text!
And here she is sucking her thumb, I am destined to to have children with funky teeth and a large orthodontia bill.
The doctor who double checks all the techs work, printed out this picture for us. He said he liked to be able to catch different images in ultrasound, so here she is giving me a swift kick!

We are so excited to be able to raise both a boy and a girl and though a little nervous about all the pink and ruffles we couldn't be more excited. What an amazing journey God has taken us on from our first fertility appointment over 3 and a half years ago. We have learned some amazing lessons in faith, trust and letting go of our own plans and are just excited to see what He has in store for us coming up!

2 comments:

  1. Soooo excited, I have tons of girlie fabrics that need to be used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! One of each. I would like to be able to talk to you more about your fertlity story. Can I somehow get your email or something?

    ReplyDelete