Here's a few pics of our sleeping arrangements. At home Cora is a pretty good sleeper but in the motorhome was another story! She slept in her pack and play up on the bed in the back and I slept next to her in the small sliver of bed that was left (actually it wasn't that bad). But she decided she needed to wake up twice every night! I would feed her the first time and the second time I would have to hold her while holding her paci in her mouth until she fell back asleep, which usually only took a minute or two. But she would not go back in her pack and play after that second wake up so she slept next to me in between all the pillows. She would snuggle up to them and looked so comfortable but then it was me and her in the small sliver of bed next to the empty pack and play! Since I've never co-slept with my kids it was kind of sweet to be right there next to her. (Don't get me wrong, I was looking forward to getting my own sleep space back once we got home!). The top picture is Cora snuggled up in the pillows, the bottom left is Cora playing on Grammy's bed, which is the table, and bottom right is her playing on the couch bed where Auntie MoMo slept.
Like I said, Wednesday was really busy and Mike started off the day making us all french toast and then later cooked up his famous mac and cheese for the family meal pot luck dinner. (It's a huge adjustment to make mac and cheese - or any meal - in a motorhome kitchen!)
If I haven't mentioned in before, Cora is my climber! Here she is climbing up to sit on the dash of the motorhome. The view was pretty good! Grammy said Auntie MoMo liked to sit in the same spot when she was little too.
Before Mike could make the mac and cheese, we needed to make a trip to the store, so we left the kids with Grammy and rode our bikes into town. We may have taken a little detour and stopped at a local brewery that we haven't checked out before :) We had this sampler and some pretzels and enjoyed a relaxing moment together!
Then Wednesday afternoon was the annual beach tea party. This was Cora's first time attending in person. I think she got to taste more of the goodies last year when she was still in my belly!
And since the boys aren't invited until after the girls have had their fill, they played on the beach and waited patiently for a treat.
And that night was the family dinner potluck. Uncle Kevin smoked some (a lot!) of pork for pulled pork, Mike and Todd made several BBQ sauces and everyone brought a dish to share. There was salad, coleslaw, beans, mac and cheese, and watermelon. I really enjoy this tradition, and it was perfect because the spot next to us remained open all day, so we had lots of space to enjoy our dinner together!





I love that you guys have this tradition! I wish we did something like that every year! Definitely looks like a lot of work though.
ReplyDelete