Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Day at Canyon Lake

On August 8th, we invited ourselves joined Auntie Madison and Uncle Nathan in Canyon Lake so we could see their new house and spend some time on their boat!  It was HOT, so a morning on the lake was perfect! I haven't been out on the water here since Mike and I were dating (Mike's dad and family lived in Canyon Lake while he was growing up) and it felt like old times!
Wes was so excited, he loves boats and had a blast going fast!  Cora girl was a little uncomfortable in her life jacket, but she was a trooper.
Grandpa Al came too!

Daddy wake boarding.  Uncle Nathan said he would get a ski for me for next time!
We stopped in a little cove so we could cool off.  Wes just needed a little coaxing and then he didn't want to get back in the boat!
Uncle Nathan and Cora discussing something important.


Grandpa Al has lots of cacti at his house and has been telling Wes about the prickly pears for a while.  Wes was so excited to go back to Grandpa's house after our boat ride for some lunch and a chance to taste a prickly pear! Grandpa did a good job of making them safe to eat (there are a lot of prickers on the pears too!) and we all got to have a taste. I'll just say it wasn't my favorite...but Grandpa was telling us how delicious prickly pear margaritas are so hopefully I'll get to try one of those next time!  Thanks for having us out Auntie and Uncle and Grandpa too!

1 comment:

  1. I can see how Cora was uncomfortable in her life jacket. I just bought one for Delilah and they do look funky. Function over fashion in this case lol. It was good to Skype with you guys that day. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete