Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wild Rivers!

On August 10th, we took Wesley for his first, and most likely only, trip to Wild Rivers. I had mentioned in this post back when Wes was about 9 months old that I hoped he'd be able to go just once before they closed, and since it's looks like this will actually be their last summer, we didn't want the opportunity to pass us by!


Mike and I loved reminiscing about all the memories we had here as kids. So funny how the smell of pungent chlorine takes you right back to junior high!

Auntie Jessica, Grandma Susie, Haley, Gia and Cash came along with us too.

It was kind of cool to hang out in the kiddie area since I've never actually spent any time over there. It was a little scary though because, while there are a few new things, I don't think a single piece of the original equipment has been updated!

Wes and Daddy in the Lazy River.

Here's Wes heading down the kiddie version of Congo River Rapids.

The first time he went down he was shouting "I need help!" which I know because, as Michael was walking back down to meet us, a lady stopped him and told him what Wes was saying and that he was cracking her up. He went down a couple more time, but I don't think it was his favorite.


A little video of Wes on the mini Rapids.

This one he did seem to like until....

...he got stuck in the middle and needed to be rescued by the lifeguard!


Daddy had to come to the rescue this time.

Auntie Jessica, Cash, and Gia playing on the pirate ship.

This splash pad area is, somewhat, new. Meaning it wasn't here when we were kids.

Watching some of the big slides. I felt kind of jipped being pregnant and not being able to go on anything (yet still having to pay the full ticket price!). It would have been fun to do a couple of these for old times sake!

Wes enjoyed these splash pad areas and it was something I could do too!

We brought our own lunch and had a nice little picnic in the outside picnic area.

I took a lot of pictures just for fun so we can remember what it looked like when it's gone.

Splashing with Grandma Susie and Gia.

I wasn't sure this old pink monkey could handle the pushes Daddy was giving Wes, but I think this might have been his favorite part of the day!


The volcano by the wave pool. Wes is still talking about the "bolcano" at Wild Rivers.

Daddy telling Wes how when he was a kid, he and his friends would bring their own boogie boards and fins and spend hours catching waves in the wave pool.

Our friends Adam and Chelsea joined us later in the day too. Here they are getting ready to brave the waves.


We got a pina colada smoothie as a treat, which was perfect since it turned out to be a hot day!

Wes and Chelsea waiting while their dads head to the top of Sweitzer Falls.



I missed Mike's entrance, but I'm sure it made him feel like a kid again. Wild River's - we'll miss you when you're gone, but thanks for all the memories, then and now!

1 comment:

  1. They have been threatening to close it for YEARS and years. Do you really think its closing for reals?? If so, I really want should think of taking Brayden!

    ReplyDelete