I'd like to interrupt my extremely behind blog to post something that actually happened this week. It happened last Sunday, so I'm considering it current! Anyway, last Sunday August 7th, Pastor Dave taught on the last 10 verses in the book of Revelation completing his nine year journey through the Bible! Mike and I have been attending Calvary Chapel Pacific Hills for nearly 5 years, so we probably joined him halfway through the Bible. It's amazing to think back over the last five years to all the things that have happened in our lives. When we first came to CCPH I was still based in San Francisco, flying all over the world, Michael was still a fireman (not an engineer) and working with his dad who hadn't retired from the fire department yet and kids weren't even on our horizon. And look at us now :) And the whole while we were journeying through God's amazing book, seeing Dave's sermons align with our lives perfectly and learning more and more about our Lord (despite many a missed Sunday for one reason or another).
Revelation 22:17 The Spirit and the bride say "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life.
We are grateful for a God who just says "come" and who offers salvation as a free gift. Now we're really looking forward to starting the whole Bible over again, though at a faster pace this time, the whole Bible in one year! Then back to four or five year tracks. We are so thankful to attend a church where we can learn and receive all that God has to offer us!
Revelation 22:20 He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment