Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wesley Says: Breaking Mama's Heart

Wesley and I were riding in the car the other day when he was being particularly repetitive (it blows me away how much toddlers can repeat themselves over and over again, even if I repetitively answer his question over and over again!) So this conversation followed:

Me: "Ok Wes, why don't we listen to some music?"

Wes: "Yes!"

If you know me, you know how much I love Elvis. But I must admit how ridiculous it is that I pay to have 100+ channels of XM Radio in my car and only listen to the Elvis Channel. (Totally worth it by the way) Anyways...

Me: "How about some Elvis music?" (as I turn on the radio)

Wes: "No! No like Elvis!!"

Me: "What!?!?" Yes you do, Mama loves Elvis, so you have to at least like him."

Wes: "No! Don't like Elvis Radio!" (verbatim, I swear!)

Me: "Oh buddy, you're breaking my heart. Do you want to listen to Psalty instead?"

Wes: "Yes!!"

Me: "Do you like Psalty or Elvis better?"

Wes: "Psalty!"

Well, since I should like Psalty better than Elvis too, I guess I can't argue with that. I can be sad about it, but I can't argue with it.

1 comment: