On Thursday May 3rd Michael and I had our anniversary/my birthday date night at the theater where we saw Million Dollar Quartet. All I can say is that it was awesome. And that's not just coming from an Elvis fan, we both thought it was awesome. It was such a great combination of true story, music (all the actors played their own instruments and sang with such credibility, which is really difficult to pull off when you are impersonating someone), and entertainment. It had been way too long since we've seen a show together, and Michael and I both love going to the theater, makes me wonder why we wait so long (oh yea, the ticket prices!)
"On December 4th, 1956, one man brought Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins and Elvis Presley together to play for the first and only time.
His name was Sam Phillips...
The place was Sun Records...
That night they made rock 'n' roll history."
Since I've been to Memphis and to Graceland and Sun Records, and have heard some of these recordings on Elvis Radio, seeing this show was super cool. I took this picture and the ones below on the sly since when I tried to take one with my regular camera I got yelled at by an usher. No photography of any kind inside the theater, not even of yourselves!!
His name was Sam Phillips...
The place was Sun Records...
That night they made rock 'n' roll history."
Since I've been to Memphis and to Graceland and Sun Records, and have heard some of these recordings on Elvis Radio, seeing this show was super cool. I took this picture and the ones below on the sly since when I tried to take one with my regular camera I got yelled at by an usher. No photography of any kind inside the theater, not even of yourselves!!
Then after the show we went to Red Robin for a little dessert and coffee. Thanks to Grammy for watching the kiddos! We had a great time!

No comments:
Post a Comment