We were so excited to have Auntie Caitlin back home for a week so we could shower her and baby Delilah with love and presents! On April 29th, Auntie Madison hosted an owl themed baby shower at her house. The food was delicious, the decorations were adorable and it was a wonderful girls afternoon!
Cora was a little tired so she's wasn't too happy in these pictures, but she can't wait to meet her new cousin!


Presents! Since Auntie Caitlin lives in Texas most people made it easy for her to get everything home so she received lots of gift cards and smaller presents. Of course I wasn't so considerate. I just can't help it, I must make things. :)
I made Delilah a tutu, just like the one Cora received...
...and a hair clip for the major holiday's. I also made burp cloths but forgot to take pictures of them. (You know we can't live without barf rags with our little munchkin girl!)
Wes stayed at home with Grammy and Michael came with me so he could take Cora and I could enjoy myself at the shower. When this girl needs to sleep, if she's not in her bed, forget about it! But she got a good nap and had a fun time watching the Dodgers (much to Michael's dismay) on TV with Daddy and Grandpa Al. Here she is with Grandma Susie and Grandpa Al. (she totally needs a bow on her head!!) It was so nice to spend the day with family and celebrate Auntie Caitlin, we love you and we can't wait to meet our new niece/cousin!!
Here's a few of the things I made:
Cora's party dress. This was a dish towel I found at Ikea. I meant to take a before and after pic, but you know what a dish towel looks like :) Here's the tutorial.
Delilah won't need these for a while, but I had made a set of these ABC memory verses for Wes and for our little buddy Tyler, so I made a set for Delilah too.
I made these tags to cover up the Macy's logo on the box I put her gifts in :)
Here's the tutu and matching headband I made. If you remember Cora's newborn pics here, you might remember her tutu that was handmade by my friend Nadine. And since Nadine still reads my blog, I truly hope she feels that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and not piracy. :) I loved how Cora's newborn pics turned out and I thought Auntie Caitlin might like to do something similar. And simply put, every little girl needs a tutu. Not sure if it's the same one Nadine used, but here's the template for the flower and there's a million of them out there, but here's a simple tutu tutorial.
Here's the seasonal hair clips, no tutorial for these ones, since I made my own templates, but they are super easy to make, and of course, not an entirely original idea. I think the pumpkin is my favorite. I also think I'm done crafting for a while, but then again, I always say that!


I am sooo flattered, both that my tutu made it into Cora's adorable pictures and that you liked it so much you made one for your newest niece. They really are so easy and fun. I remember I made Cora's while sitting in the backyard watching my kids play. And that is the exact flower template I used, I love it!
ReplyDelete