Sunday, May 20, 2012

Finally Food!!!

Though I don't see how it's possible that Cora is already 5 1/2 months old already, it definitely is possible that this child is ready for some food.  Like a hawk, she has been watching us eat for it seems like a month, she reaches and grabs for any food in the vicinity, and she smacks her lips when we are eating, which is too cute.  It's also pretty cool to see all these "ready for food" signs, because Wes never did any of them.  As amazing of an eater as he is, there was definitely a learning curve in the beginning.  Cora doesn't need any eating lessons, she took to it, mouth open and all, immediately! 


It was pretty hard to deny this cute munchkin a little taste of watermelon a little while ago.  Of course she loved it, and was pretty irritated when we took it away!


She was so ready to eat food, she was almost willing to settle for the box.
The differences between the first and second child always make me laugh, because with Wes, we had the high chair out for weeks and let him sit in it to practice.  I bought the rice cereal early and had sanitized the spoons and bowl.  With Cora, Mike pulled the high chair out of the attic the night we finally fed her and I think we dusted it off, I knew she was ready for food, but I kept forgetting to buy the cereal when I was at the store, and I grabbed a baby spoon out of Wes' drawer which had been there since he was eating rice cereal! But she loved just the same!!


  The night of Cora's first meal, we also had Wes' current favorite meal, which is grilled salmon and artichokes.  He is still an amazing eater and I'm praying that never changes.  He loves dipping the leaves in any sauce daddy makes and of course the hearts are his favorite part!  He keeps saying that he likes white salmon (white fish) better than pink salmon, but you wouldn't be able to tell from his empty plate.

And here's Cora finally getting her first meal: 

She lapped up every last drop and wanted more!  She opened her mouth for the spoon like an old pro and swallowed without pushing any of the cereal out of her mouth.  I think we might have another eater on our hands :)


 Just a little video.

1 comment: