We recently spent the afternoon eating our way around the world at the Girl Scout's International Day! Wes' cousin Haley's troop was representing South Africa and even though it was super windy, we had a fun afternoon visiting all the boots. Mike and I had been dating for a while when we discovered that my mom, who had been running International Day for several years while I was a Girl Scout, actually passed on all the responsibilities to Mike's mom, who ran it for the several year's that Mike's sister Jessica was a Girl Scout. We still get a kick out of how our paths crossed all those years ago!
Here's Wes and Haley. If you don't know about International Day, all the local girl scout troops pick a country to represent and then research the country, the local customs, dress and cuisine and then prepare a booth and costumes and a local food to sell. All the food samples are just $.10 which is what they cost back when I was a Girl Scout. It's nice to know that some things never change!
Before the selling starts, they have a Parade of Nations. Here's Haley's troop.
Grandma Susie and Wes.
Here we are sampling something :)
Wes and cousin Gia. I remember Wes is drinking Watermelon juice here, but I can't remember which country it was from. Such a fun afternoon, especially since it only cost about $3 total!
How fun! We wanna go next year!
ReplyDelete