My neck had been bothering me recently and I was trying to figure out what was causing the perpetual kink in it. Was I sleeping wrong, was it the larger belly I'm sporting these days, was it the new attitude my almost 2 year old is sporting these days???? But I finally decided that maybe a thorough cleaning of my purse would help to maybe lighten my load a little. So after Wes went to bed, I cleared off the coffee table and started pulling things, a whole lot of things, out of my purse. After just a minute, I had to grab a piece of paper and write down all the crazy things that were in there and blog about it for posterity. If you're a mom who's reading this, I'm sure you're feeling my pain. Here's what I found:
Necessities:
- Wallet
- Phone
- Car Keys and the spare key (hmmm...sort of defeats the purpose of having a spare)
- Digital Camera
- Check book (yes it's a necessity, I use it every week at church)
- Hand Sanitizer
- Small tube of sunscreen
- Tylenol (which doesn't help headaches, so I'm not really sure why I put it under necessities)
- Bottle of water
- Trail mix - water and snacks are necessities when pregnant!
Necessities for my kid:
- Raisins
- Trader Joes Fruit leather
- Crayon Roll (rarely works at keeping him entertained in a restaurant, but feel I must carry it just in case)
- 2 police officer badge stickers (from a nice cop who we said hi to when we were having lunch the other day)
- Small bag of wipes
Here's where I starting thinking this might be the cause of the neck problem:
One each of the following:
- Bulldozer
- Tractor
- Hot Wheels race car
- Monster truck
- Fire truck
(Though I was happy to find the monster truck, I'd been wondering what happened to that one)
And here's where it just gets plain ridiculous:
- The key to our pool and the duplicate keys I had made at Home Depot the other day
- Cough drops (from the last time I had a sore throat...6 months ago)
- Gum
- Altoids
- Altoids Smalls
- Cinnamon mints (and I know you're obvliously asking 'what's wrong with my breath?')
- Pepto Bismol tablets (those are for Mike)
- A tampon (and since I'm nearly 5 months pregnant, you know that thing is old!)
- A make-up compact
- 2 tubes of chapstick (these are way more of a necessity for me, but since I always have a tube in my pocket and a spare in my glove box, I left them here)
- 3 tubes of lipgloss (which I haven't worn consistently since I was flying...3 years ago)
- A pack of tissues
- A grape Tootsie roll pop (grape is my favorite)
- A DumDum sucker that Wes got from somewhere (but I never gave to him)
Now add all that weight to the weight of a purse with enough pockets and zippers to hide all that stuff plus much more and it becomes a little obvious what the problem is. So I pared down and have been feeling much better. Though I know that headache will be back next week because that's when Wes officially turns two!!!
Saturday, June 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment