Friday, June 17, 2011

Feeling Crafty

At the end of May we were invited to the Orliczky house to celebrate Sylvie's 4th and Nora's 1st birthdays. The invitation said no presents, but since I knew that didn't include handmade gifts, and no 4 years old loves sushi more than Sylvie, I had the perfect idea!

I saw the idea for this felt sushi here and it included the pattern for free, which makes crafting so much easier :) The tutorial says to blanket stitch each piece together, and after I had a good laugh at that one, I got out my glue gun and whipped these babies up. (For the record, blanket stitching them would be really cute, but for kids to play with and the time commitment, hot glue is the way to go). I also hot glued some dried pinto beans inside my edamame which gave them a more realistic look.

I put everything inside this take out food favor box I got at Party City, made a label and included a pair of reusable chop sticks. It was such a fun gift to make and give. We know Sylvie and Nora will have fun playing with them :)

And here's just a few pics from the party. There's many more on Nadine's blog if you want to check them out. The bubble lady was super cool, but Wes wanted to be outside so we missed getting to stand inside a giant bubble.


Happy Birthday to our wonderful friend's Sylvie and Nora!

2 comments:

  1. For reals, the CUTEST! It is always for sale at the girls' supermarket!!

    ReplyDelete