Our reservation was through Sunday, but by Friday night we were ready to pack it in and head home Saturday morning. We had a blast, but I was tired of waking up twice a night and Michael was tired of cooking in a miniature kitchen and sleeping on the ground. Wes would have stayed forever if he could, but I think Cora was ready to get home too. We sold our extra night to a nice vacationing German family who didn't speak much English, but understood $50 bucks. Then Mike got to work packing everything up. It was easier to let one person do most of the work and the other person wrangle two kids. I didn't mind too much, though I think my payback was once we got home and started unloading!
Goodbye Carp, until next year!
Wes was a big help once we got home; it's very important to take all the ice out of the cooler one piece at a time while wearing gardening gloves to keep your hands warm.
And here is the aftermath of a week of camping...laundry for days. I think I did 15 loads! But we love our camping tradition and will be back at it next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment