Saturday, October 27, 2012

A Very Special Dress

We had been waiting for Cora to turn 9 months old for a while now.  Because that meant it was time for this very special picture!

  When my mom was 9 months old, in 1953, she had her picture taken in this little yellow dress...

...then when I was 9 months old in 1979, I had my picture taken in it...

 ...and then when Monica was 9 months old in 1992, she wore it... 

and when Cora was 9 months old, in September 2012, she posed it in too!
I absolutely love these pictures!  There were a few years there where Grammy wasn't sure if she still had this dress, but luckily she found it in the attic and it's still in perfect condition.  Now it has to wait until there is another 9 month old little girl in the family to be worn again!

2 comments:

  1. thats awesome (yet, its a somewhat scandalous looking dress with that side gap)! somehow a "boy" outfit handed down from generation to generation would not be so cute! I can do without knee socks and suspenders on too short/too tight shorts ; ) And that doll in your mom's pic...now thats just creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super glad you guys passed down the dress and not the doll :) Very sweet pictures!

    ReplyDelete