On August 28th, we finally headed back to Disneyland. I'm not one for the summer crowds and since Grammy and Daddy's passes weren't good, we kind of stayed away. But I actually think this was one of the best days at Disneyland we've had the whole year! It was still summer hours so we got there right at 9:00 and it wasn't very crowded, so we got to do lots of rides we hadn't done before. We headed straight to Fantasy Land and convinced Wes (with bribery) to go on Peter Pan (he went when we were in Florida, but has refused since we've had our passes here). He cried in line the whole time but then loved it once the ride started (seeing the volcanoes on Neverland Island really helped, he loves volcanoes). It's funny too because he didn't seem to be afraid, it was just that he had decided he didn't like Peter Pan and didn't want to change his mind. But he was very proud of himself afterward! Then we rode Dumbo and it's obviously been a long time since I've been on Dumbo because I didn't remember that they gave you the feather to hold, so cute!
After Dumbo we went over and rode Winnie the Poo, and afterward noticed the canoes had just opened. We jumped at the chance to do this, since I hadn't been since I was a kid. Such great memories!
I read an article about the canoes recently and it's the only ride at Disneyland that is man-powered (and not on a track). And the article said only about 30% of the passengers actually help paddle, so I was determined to be part of the 30%! I held Cora on my lap and did my best :) Wes even got a few strokes in, but held on tight to his paddle and that's what counted in my book.
I'm so glad we got to do this, we all enjoyed it!
We had perfect timing after the canoes and jumped onto the Mark Twain paddle steamer for a trip around the Rivers of America. This is another one I hadn't done in forever, and Wes is still talking about it. I love that this kid's favorite rides are the paddle steamer and the monorail!
After our boat ride, I went to the baby station on Main Street to nurse Cora and Grammy and Wes went to the petting zoo by Big Thunder and then we met up to ride the Monorail. Can you believe we did all these things before lunch?? Granted we didn't eat until 1:30, but still that's a lot of stuff to do in a couple of hours. It makes all the difference when the other people stay home :)
After the Monorail we headed to California adventure and the Pacific Warf for lunch at Boudin's. And then on to Cars Land since Grammy hadn't see it yet.
Grammy and Wes on Luigi's Flying Tires...
...with Red...
...and on Mater's Junkyard Jamboree.
And then utterly exhausted at the end of an awesome day. Even though he was delirious, Wes's memory was still intact because he asked to stop for some of those "powder sugar things." Beignets from the Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney. I had to admit I'm glad he remembered, and I think Grammy was too. Those things are the best!! Can't believe our passes are almost expired, hopefully we'll get a few more trips in before November.



If you guys haven't gone you should go to "off the page" its in California adventure and to the right just before you reach the fake street painting by tower of terror. Wes would love turtle talk with crush and all the other activities they have in there.
ReplyDelete