Friday, October 5, 2012

Back to Reality

Once vacation was over, we laid low for a couple of days then got right back into the swing of things having fun and keeping busy because....school was right around the corner!!  Yep, Wes is headed to preschool (pics coming up!)  But a few more posts of summer activities first:

 Playing play dough in the garage.  
There are many times when Wes is just like me and then there are times when he's the exact opposite.  Notice the big blob of mixed play dough colors...it drove me nuts to watch him mix them all up.  I originally told him he couldn't do it, and then realized I was stifling his creative juices with my opinions.  Once he got the go-ahead, he mixed every color he had!  And he was perfectly content to never have separate colors again.  Funny how you can learn a small bit about parenting and yourself in a few minutes of playing play dough.

 Cora with her first corn on the cob.  Watching her, I realized we need to be taught to eat corn correctly because I remember Wes used to eat corn like this too.  She was not interested in being corrected...this girl is opinionated!
 Wes and Gianna taking every single bath accessory off the shelves in Target.  I happened to run into Nick and Gianna in our Target which is very bizarre considering they live in Lake Elsinore!  But the kids had so much fun and played so nicely together (and cleaned up too!) I am considering more play dates in Target. 
 Cora messing up some folded laundry...remember she's a climber!  She was so proud of herself that she got in there all by herself.  Getting out was another story.

 More climbing.
 Cora trying to get Wes' attention.  He doesn't realize yet that she is his playmate (except when he wants to rough house with her), hopefully that concept will kick in soon!
 And getting into a little trouble, this kid eats everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment