Friday, March 30, 2012

A Wee Bit O the Blarney

The fact that it's still March makes me feel better about just getting to my St. Patrick's Day pictures.  We had a fun day of celebrating all things Irish, and Cora got to wear three green outfits, so I think she enjoyed it as well!



Outfit number 1: plus the shamrock clip I made for her.

Here's outfit number 2: plus a very cranky brother.  He woke up from his nap in the worst mood, and then I tried to get a picture of them together and Cora spit up all over herself and Wes' jeans, which sent him into a major tantrum (these are clean jeans, btw).  He obviously hates baby barf on his clothes...I don't blame him, I've just gotten use to it. So I had to settle for these pictures, which aren't very good :(

This is the most adorable St. Patrick's outfit than I got in a hand-me-down box from my friend Amber.  Too bad she barfed on it before I could get a good picture.  But it will be a good reminder of the phase we are in right now, though I can't really imagine forgetting months spent covered in barf :)

A few minutes later Auntie Jessica, Uncle Nino, Haley, Gia, Cash and Papa Ron came over to celebrate with us and eat corned beef and cabbage. Gia and Wes helped me put together a fruit rainbow for an appetizer. 

I saw this idea on Pinterest and I thought the Rolo's as the little pots of gold and the marshmallows as clouds were just too cute.

The kids had to wait to dig in until I got a picture, but once they got the go-ahead, Wes went straight for the chocolate, which surprised me because he's more of a fruit kid than a sweet kid.  Crazy I know...who's child is he anyway??

Michael made corned beef and cabbage and potatoes (somehow the carrots got forgotten :) and we had lots of spicy mustard! And of course there was Guinness and Harp for the adults.

And here's outfit number 3: plus Auntie Jessica and Haley 

Auntie Jessica made the most delicious pistachio cheesecake for dessert...
(Oop, forgot to add this pic)...and I made these little goody bags for the cousins to take home.  Rainbow candy sticks and more Rolo pots of gold.  The shamrock is felt from the pattern for Cora's bow. 


Happy St. Paddy's Day all!

1 comment: