Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Three Months Old!

On February 24th, Cora turned three months old!  Time is flying!!  My little girl is so smiley and happy and easy going.  She's can't be distracted quite as easy as Wes was at this age, so when she wants to eat or needs a diaper change, it better happen right quick.  But other than that, she's just a doll.  She's using her hands to grab at toys and watches every move Wes makes.  She's arching her back and turning her head when she's laying on the floor, so I think she's thinking about rolling over.  She's been a great sleeper since day one and she even teased me for three weeks by sleeping from 9:30pm to 7:00am!  But I think she went through a growth spurt and started waking up once in the night to eat and has decided to stick with that habit.  I certainly can't complain though; the second time around I'm use to getting less sleep, so I'm feeling great.  Michael and I are doing pretty well adjusting to having two kiddo's who need lots of attention and are able to squeeze in a little time for ourselves.  Mind you, it's usually sitting together on the couch at 10:00pm for a half an hour after Wes and Cora are in bed, we've cleaned the kitchen, put in a load of laundry, picked up a dozen toys and paid bills, blogged or checked email.  But quality time is what's important, right? :)  






Here's a little update on Wes...he's an awesome big brother!  He loves being around Cora and knowing where she is all the time.  He helps give her a bath and get her toys and he's still my "barf monitor!"  He's pretty much fully potty trained, we haven't had any accidents recently (except for that one in the library last week, ugh!)  But true to his personality, once he knew he could do it, he was set.  He talks a mile a minute, non-stop, and he asks questions about everything.  He wants to help with any and every task Michael and I are doing from cooking to cleaning (he helped me clean all the bathrooms recently by spraying the cleaner and now asks for the "Kaboom" or "Scrubbing Bubbles" whenever something appears dirty).  The one thing that I've noticed that has changed recently is his pretend play.  He loves to make up stories and can seriously go on and on and on! :)  Pillow forts are a favorite pass time and he's still obsessed with cars and trucks.  The 'terrible two' issues that I've complained about mentioned before have slowed slightly, but when it comes to some things he's still super opinionated, super stubborn and a super stinker :)  But he is also my super sweet boy who is so loving and so curious.  I also love the fact that he uses "may I" whenever he asks to do something!  We taught him to ask "may I be excused?" when he's finished eating and I guess he just assumed (and rightly so) that he should use "may I" all the time.  I am loving these two together and watching them grow amazes me.  God has blessed us beyond words and I continue to pray for wisdom, patience, and understanding as we raise our family.   


No comments:

Post a Comment