Sunday, March 18, 2012

Goings On

Get ready, this is my attempt at catching up!  We've been so busy recently so here's the fun things we've been up to...

A trip or two to the library:
Winnie the Poo's Honey Tree was our favorite find this trip.

Finger whole hand painting:

A play date at Wes' friend Brayden's house:


Cora loves sitting in her Bumbo seat:

Practicing our letters with mommy's letter punches:


Posing in cute outfits:

Celebrating Mom and Dad's 9th wedding anniversary:
Wes and Cora and I went to the Great Dane bakery in Huntington Beach to buy a small recreation of our wedding cake to surprise daddy.  We may have had a cookie in the bakery as well.
                                            3/7/03                                               3/7/12
Grammy babysat Wes and Cora while Mike and I went to The Original Fish Company for dinner.  This was the first time in nine years we broke with tradition and didn't go to the Summit House (where we were married).  Change is good :)

A trip to the Spectrum with Sarah, Aaron and Jayne to have lunch and play in the fountains:
It was 90 degrees last week, crazy weather!  And as we were walking to the food court, the boys were walking around all the fountains and I bet you can guess what happened next...yep, Wes fell in...head first, fully clothed!  I had trunks for him since our water plans were for after lunch, but I had to run into Old Navy and buy him a new t-shirt.  It totally scared him, but I couldn't help but laugh (but only because I watched the whole thing happen and I was right there to pluck him out of the fountain!)  Here's to hoping he'll steer clear of the fountains from now on, though I won't hold my breath!

A trip to the beach:
We continued to enjoy the warm weather by spending the afternoon at the beach with Auntie Chrissy, Cody and Eva.

This was Cora's first real trip to the beach and I forgot decided to wait until Daddy was with us to get a picture of her toes in the sand like I did with Wes.

A trip to Disneyland:
(don't know what's going on with Cora's bow here)

We even got to ride in the nose cone of the Monorail!  The Monorail is one of Wes' favorite rides and this was a big treat for all of us, very cool!

Whew!!  I think I'm caught up now.  Feels good for the moment, though I know it's fleeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment