Over the weekend, September 24th and 25th, Wes and I got a reprieve from having to be out of the house by 8am for Bob the Builder and his crew, so we took advantage and lounged around the house in pj's for a while. Then we decided to head over to the fair grounds for the annual Crusin for a Cure car show. Daddy, who is the big car buff, was working, but I can still appreciate a classic car and I knew Wes would enjoy it. Plus we have several family members who have been affected by prostate cancer, so we were glad we could support The City of Hope and their prostate cancer awareness and research.
As the name implies, this is both a car show and cruise, so some of the cars are parked and on display and some join the huge procession of cars cruising around the grounds. So, since the first thing I noticed when we walked in was all the gasoline fumes from the cruising cars gunning their engines (show offs!), we headed over to the classic fire trucks which were away from the cruise. And Wes just happened to be dressed appropriately!
This is a super cool old paramedic wagon.

Of course as soon as Wes saw this tow truck he had to run right over! I'm not even sure if it was in the show, or just dropping off a car???
We had grabbed a bag of kettle corn (Wes' idea, but I wasn't objecting) and had just taken a seat to watch the cruise for a little bit, when a fleet of about ten DeLorean's started driving right by us. They are so cool, especially with their doors up! Anyway, the cruise is a very slow stop and go, hence all the fumes, and a DeLorean with two young guys driving it stopped right in front of us. The driver called over to me and asked if Wes liked Hot Wheels. "Of course!!!" was the obvious answer, so we went over and got to look inside and the guy gave Wes a brand new Back to the Future DeLorean Hot Wheels car! This was one lucky, and happy, kid!

Popcorn, Hot Wheels and cars, what more could a two year old want??
We had stopped to look at a beautifully restored old tractor when the owner said Wes could sit on it! I thought he'd be ecstatic, but he refused and then kept saying (right in front of the tractor owner) that he wanted to go see this golf cart with the light on top!! I told the tractor owner that if his tractor had a light on top, I'm sure Wes would have wanted to sit on it. (I think he was only slightly offended by my child's snub.) I guess Wes just needs a few more years of classic vehicle education.
This fire truck is a "Rolling Memorial to Fallen Firefighters."
We also got to see some super fun cars too. Here's Lightning McQueen...
...and the Bat Mobile...

...and Big Foot, the Monster Truck.

We knew Auntie Jessica, Uncle Nino, Haley, Cash and Papa Ron were coming too, but unfortunately we were leaving just as they were coming in. But we were glad we got to get a quick picture with them! Happy Crusin'!
No comments:
Post a Comment