Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Prepositions

I've never had a great memory. Auntie Chrissy will always ask me if I remember doing this or that when we were kids and the majority of the time I don't (luckily for me her brain is a steel trap, so I know lots of my childhood memories are safe and secure in her head). I was always a good student though, only because I could cram tons of info into my brain and then regurgitate it for a test, but after that, any retention was a crap shoot. But for some reason there is one list of things I memorized when I was in elementary school that will always be with me, never to leave my brain: The Prepositions. I don't remember (obviously) in what grade we had to memorize them or why really, but there they are, always ready to be recited. I'd like to say it's a fun party trick, but it just isn't. And since I've been mentioning recently that Wes isn't much of a talker yet, it did come to mind that he does know some of his prepositions. Here are his favorites (and they're loud an clear!):
Up
Down
In
Out
On
Off
Under

And for those of you who need a refresher on your prepositions, here you go:
Aboard, about, above, across, after, against, along, among, around, at, before, behind, below, beneath, beside, between, beyond, by, down, during, except, for, from, in, inside, into, like, near, of, off, on, over, past, since, through, throughout, to, toward, under, underneath, until, up, upon, with, within, without.

We're working on the rest of the list, so I'll keep you posted.

1 comment: