Saturday, June 26, 2010

Moo Juice

We started giving Wes cow's milk in the beginning of June just to get him use to the flavor. Let's just say, he wasn't much of a fan. And I couldn't decide if I was flattered or alarmed. By the middle of the month, I had decided to wean him off his mid-day nursing, so he had cow's milk and a snack instead. In protest, he decided not to take an afternoon nap for two days. But by the third day, he got the idea and though he's still not really drinking the milk, he's decided he likes the snack and has gone back to sleeping. I'm so thankful that Wes is such a mellow kid and just rolls with the punches. Hopefully he'll stay this flexible when we finish with nursing all-together!
Here is one way we can get him to drink his milk:





I haven't posted any of Wes' favorite recipes recently, so here are a few:
Tuscan White Beans - I've done this with both kale and spinach, both delicious!
Mexican Chicken - I also added onions in with the bell peppers. What's mexican food without onions...and a margarita (for mommy only, of course!)?
Sloppy Joes - I used carrots and bellpeppers and turkey instead of beef. Michael and I have been talking about having Sloppy Joes forever and since we had leftover hamburger buns the other night, I finally made them. These are delicious and Wes loved it. This recipe made enough for the three of us for dinner, plus seven servings to freeze for later. All of this plus a huge helping of nostalgia, can't beat it!

1 comment:

  1. I went straight from the breast to a regular cup. It was the only way I would drink anything! I can't believe that soon it will be the big 1 for Wes!

    ReplyDelete