...and you smell like one too!!! Nothing personal of course! :) I couldn't help singing that wonderful corruption of "Happy Birthday" to Wesley as we drove to the San Diego Wild Animal Park on Monday. My mom works as a sewing instructor at
The Knit Sewing Club and a wonderful "student" of hers is a member at the Wild Animal Park and she graciously invited our family to the Park to go on the Photo Safari. You get to be right down inside the animal enclosures and get up close and personal with a few of them!

Here's what the 'tour bus' looks like.

Don't ask me what the actual name of this animal was, but it is basically an Asian buffalo.

Loved this mama and her brand new baby!

Rhino's

I love this picture of my mom. Feeding the giraffe's was a little freaky!

My niece Haley and I feeding a giraffe. Wes was too little to take the tour, so he and Michael checked out the animals from a safer vantage point.

We ventured into the
Butterfly Jungle which was amazing and only open for a couple of weeks. We couldn't get any butterflies to land on us, but it was fun seeing peoples reaction when one landed on them!

Feeding the Lorakeets

This is one pregnant gorilla! I remember sitting like that at the end too.

Haley, Wes and Mike with the elephants.
Wow, it's not too often I look at a picture of a chimp and thing "Oh honey I know just how you feel." That looks like a fantastic tour!
ReplyDelete