Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Happy Easter!

While we were at Church celebrating our risen Lord, we had a visit from the Easter Bunny! (Actually he came Saturday during afternoon nap, but this year Wes is none the wiser!)
I thought I'd mention here that Wes is doing great in the nursery at Church. Last week was the first time I'd put him in the nursery since it is now impossible to pay any attention to what the pastor is saying if he's with us. There were more kids in the nursery this week and he seemed to have a lot of fun playing with kids his age.
Wes with some eggs the Easter Bunny left for him.
The Easter Bunny didn't realize how long our walk is, he definitely got a little lazy the closer he got to our door :)

Luckily Easter Bunny tracks wipe off with a little bit of water.
(they are just flour and water)
Growing up, our next door neighbors would make these bunny tracks every Easter. Since I am so sentimental and just love traditions I knew these would become one of ours! I did have to call my old neighbors and ask how to make them though. Flour, water and your fingers - I especially love cheap, easy and fun traditions!


After church Grandma, Grandpa, Auntie Monica and Uncle Chris came over for brunch. Grandma brought us some Easter egg gifts too!

After a nap we headed to La Mirada to have Easter with Mike's family at Aunt Kathy's house. Mike had been working for 5 days, so he missed all the Easter festivities. Uncle Jay suped up this jeep with some paint and racing stickers. Seeing Wes in it gave me a major flash forward moment to 16 years from now...scary!


It's great having older cousins who play with me while mommy gets to visit. Here I am with Kaitlin, Zoie and Camden after the Easter Egg hunt.





There were so many cool toys at Aunt Kathy's house!

And dogs too! Wes loves dogs, and I am really thankful to have friends and family who have them, so maybe we won't have to. (I'm not a huge pet person) Though I know daddy will have something to say about that!

Cruisin' with my cousin!

No comments:

Post a Comment