Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Strange But True

Last week Wes went through a three day phase where he wouldn't eat anything off of a spoon. He just had to feed himself, so finger foods were the only thing he would eat. (Here's to hoping all his phases last for only 3 days!). I kept tying though, but by the third day I was really tired of throwing away food. So here's is my solution. I made some whole wheat bread crumbs in my food processor, rolled baby food in them and "fried"them up in a pan. Voila - baby food nuggets! I was originally calling them 'baby food pancakes' like potato pancakes, but if you're watching Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution, you know how much kids like nuggets. I'm thinking you can't go wrong with nuggets made of broccoli, squash, potatoes, turkey and green beans.
Wes sure liked them. Problem solved :)

Ironically, I had just taken this picture a day or two before his little phase started when I was organizing my freezer after a trip to Costco. Some friends had asked how much baby food I had made, so here was my stash. Luckily Wes is now pretty much back to his old eating habits and most of this is gone!



2 comments:

  1. Great idea...he is becoming more independent. He is growing up so quickly. His Auntie is very impressed!!!

    ReplyDelete