Revelation 3:7 These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut and what he shuts no one can open.
You might not have noticed but the frequency of my posts have slowed down recently. But there are good reasons, and I think nausea and exhaustion are two pretty good ones! Michel and I are so excited to announce that Wesley is going to be a big brother in November!

We had been praying about having another baby for a while, but since I was experiencing all the same fertility issues I had when we were trying to have Wes, we figured we would have to go back to our fertility doctor for treatments, and that was a daunting thought! I realize I have never written down the details of our fertility journey with Wes, but that is a much longer and much more involved post that might never get written!
But in February, Michael and I were at a point where we just weren't sure where the Lord was leading us...was our family complete with the three of us, should we wait and see what happens, should we seek treatment again?? We were just at a standstill, when at church one Sunday our pastor, who was teaching out of Revelation, came to Chapter 3 and Jesus' letter to the church in Philadelphia. And with verse 7, we just knew the Lord was speaking to us. "What he opens no one can shut and what he shuts no one can open." We knew the Lord was telling us that His will would be done in our lives above all else. And if we sought treatment and another baby wasn't in His will, He would close that door and if His will was to expand our family, He would open it. And we knew we would be able to accept either outcome with the confidence that God is in ultimate control.
God's timing is always amazing and we were able to get a cancellation appointment for a consultation within a couple of weeks and were able to begin treatments right away. Fertility treatments are no walk in the park and are definitely not cheap, so after only a couple of office visits, I told Michael that after this cycle, I didn't think I wanted to keep trying. But miraculously I never got to that point, because God swung that door wide open and I was pregnant on our first cycle and with no fertility drugs! Needless to say we were in shock but so grateful for such a swift answer to our prayers.
I continued to see my fertility doctor every week for the first 13 weeks to monitor the baby and my hormone levels since I was on hormone supplements and fertility patients are considered 'high risk' in the first trimester. And each week I had an ultrasound, so here are the pictures of the baby growing each week:
5 weeks

7weeks

10 weeks

11 weeks

12 weeks

13 weeks

This is the baby sucking it's thumb (I am destined to have a finger sucker and a thumb sucker!)
I "graduated" (I love that term!) from my fertility doctor last week and am now considered a normal pregnant person :) I got some of my energy back around 12 weeks and the rest is being sapped by my almost 2 year old. And the nausea is still hanging around a little, but I'm praying it will be gone soon. I didn't have a single day of nausea with Wes, so this has kind of thrown me for a loop. But we can't thank the Lord enough for the joy of this pregnancy and knowing 100% that He opened this door for us. And we are really looking forward to finding out if Wesley will have a little brother or sister! Thank you for all your prayers and your continued prayers for a safe and healthy pregnancy!


amazing. amazing. I want to cry. I love that verse in Revelation. I am struck at how sometimes He answers long and other times quick...but He always answers...and now 2 amazing blessings. Love you friend and love your heart.
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful to see the Lord working, in both your hearts and your family. I'm so excited for you!
ReplyDeleteLove, Molly
I love the ultrasound pictures and seeing your little miracle grow. Its fun to see them all in a row.
ReplyDeleteWooHoo! Totally made me tear up!! So excited for you guys.
ReplyDeleteLove the ultrasound pictures in a row! You're definitely growing another cute one!
ReplyDelete